HomeEntertainmentSaif's attacker, according to police, is Bangladeshi and changed his name after...

Saif’s attacker, according to police, is Bangladeshi and changed his name after arriving in India.

Saif’s attacker : The man detained for reportedly breaking into actor Saif Ali Khan’s Mumbai residence and stabbed him six times is a Bangladeshi national who entered India illegally and has been living in Mumbai for several months, Mumbai Police confirmed today.

Deputy Commissioner of Police Dixit Gedam told the reporters this morning that they have detained an accused in connection with the burglary attempt at the actor’s Bandra house late Wednesday night. He stated that the culprit had been identified as Mohammad Sariful Islam Shehzad. “The investigation found that the accused could be from Bangladesh. He does not hold any Indian documents. We believe he is from Bangladesh, and we are investigating. We have added Passport Act charges to the case against him,” the senior officer stated, adding that the accused entered the actor’s residence to commit robbery.

“We collected several stuff from him that indicate he is from Bangladesh. He entered India illegally and changed his name to Bijoy Das. He had been in Mumbai for around four months and was working at a housekeeping agency,” the senior officer stated.

According to authorities, the accused is single and had been working as a server at a restaurant until a few months ago. He was currently unemployed, and investigators believe he tried the burglary for a large sum.

Mr Gedam also stated that the culprit was detained in Thane and is currently being questioned.

Saif’s attacker gained access to the actor’s home via the fire exit in the back

The attacker gained access to the actor’s home via the fire exit in the back. His maid saw him and screamed. When Mr Khan challenged him, the attacker stabbed him six times before fleeing. The actor was transported to nearby Lilavati Hospital. Doctors have stated that he is doing well.

“When the thief was refused money, he attacked the maid Junu and Saif Ali Khan, injuring both. Police detained the accused based on technical evidence. The accused’s name is Shariful Islam Shehzad, and he is a Bangladeshi national, according to a police statement. He has also been charged with illegally entering India.

What happened that midnight?

In her police statement, Eliyama Philip, a nanny for Saif’s youngsters, claimed she was the first to see the intruder. The 56-year-old claims he was awakened by noises at 2 a.m. She observed the bathroom door open and the light on, and believed Kareena Kapoor Khan was checking on her younger son Jahangir or Jeh.

“… then I went back to sleep, but I knew something was amiss. So I awoke again and observed a man exiting the bathroom and entering the boy’s room. I got up immediately and went into Jeh’s room. According to Ms Philip, the attacker then put his finger near his mouth and whispered in Hindi, ‘Don’t make any noise, nobody will go out’.

“I rushed to pick up Jeh, who was armed with a wooden stick and a long Hexa blade. She stated that she ran towards me and attempted to attack me.

“I tried to block the attack by putting my hand forward, but the blade hit me near the wrists of both my hands and on the middle finger of my left hand,” according to her.

At the time, I asked him, ‘What do you want?'” He said, ‘I want money.’ I enquired, ‘How much do you want?’ According to Ms Philip’s statement, he said ‘one crore’ in English.

Saif Ali Khan and Kareena Kapoor Khan raced out of their room after hearing Ms Philip cry. Ms Philip stated that when Mr Khan asked the intruder what he wanted, he attacked him with a wooden object and a hexa blade.

An attack that shocked Mumbai.

The attack on the popular actor stunned the nation and raised concerns about the law and order situation in Maximum City. From the opposition to members of the film industry, several notable voices have questioned the Devendra Fadnavis government about how safe regular people are if celebrities can be assaulted like way.

Under pressure, the Chief Minister stated, “Of all the megacities in the country, Mumbai is the safest. True, some situations occur on occasion and should be taken seriously, but claiming that Mumbai is unsafe based on a single incidence is incorrect. This tarnishes Mumbai’s reputation. However, the government is attempting to make Mumbai even safer.

you join our tazatimesnews Telegram Channel

you join our whatsapp channel

Next News Read – Shradha Mishra lifts Sa Re Ga Ma Pa trophy and receives Rs 10 lakh


RELATED ARTICLES

Most Popular